If you are looking for a way to address wrinkles or volume loss without surgery, dermal fillers and injectables offer quick results with minimal downtime. Dr. Go of Newport Plastic Surgery is a triple board-certified plastic surgery physician in Costa Mesa, Irvine, Newport Beach, and the surrounding areas of California.
What Are Dermal Fillers and Injectables?
Dermal fillers and injectables, sometimes referred to as facial fillers, are minimally invasive treatments that are administered via injection. They are most often used to address lines, wrinkles, and volume loss in the face, although some treatments can also be used to rejuvenate the hands. Many of these treatments produce results immediately upon injection. Since they only take a few minutes to perform, they are often referred to as “lunchtime” treatments. Dermal fillers and injectables also offer minimal to no downtime, making them a great option for anyone who is looking to achieve a more youthful appearance without the recovery period associated with surgery and other invasive techniques.
At Newport Plastic Surgery, Dr. Go takes pride in personally performing all injections for his private patients and does not allow medical assistants, nurses, medical students, or surgical residents to practice on his patients.
What Dermal Filler and Injectable Treatments Are Available?
At Newport Plastic Surgery, we offer the following dermal filler and injectable treatments:
- Xeomin® is a neuromodulator that prevents wrinkle-causing muscles from contracting, reducing the appearance of facial wrinkles and rejuvenating the face. This product has produced excellent results for relaxing facial muscles and is currently our most popular neurotoxin.
- Radiesse® is an effective volumizing injectable treatment made of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel that additionally stimulates the body’s own collagen production to produce natural, long-lasting results. This product does a great job restoring lost volume in the face and hands and is currently our most popular filler.
- Botox® is the most well-known neuromodulator (botulinum toxin type A) that blocks nerve signals to muscles to prevent contractions. When applied to facial muscles, this reduces the appearance of wrinkles to create a more youthful appearance.
- Kybella® is a unique injectable treatment made up of deoxycholic acid that can dissolve and eliminate stubborn fat under the chin to diminish the appearance of a double chin.
- Juvéderm® is a line of hyaluronic acid-based fillers, which create instant volume in the face to smooth out lines and wrinkles. It is a softer gel than Radiesse and especially works well for plumping up the lips.
- Also composed of hyaluronic acid, Restylane® offers multiple products to help patients address lines, wrinkles, and age-related volume loss.
- Like other neuromodulator injectables, Dysport® relaxes facial muscles to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles.
- Sculptra®, which is a poly-L-lactic acid filler, provides instant volume in the skin. As the formula is broken down by the body, collagen production is stimulated, resulting in long-lasting results.
- BellaFill® is a long-lasting dermal filler treatment that adds volume to the skin to smooth out lines, wrinkles, and acne scars. It is composed of polymethyl methacrylate microspheres embedded in a collagen matrix that can stimulate collagen production for increased longevity. Patients will initially need a skin test to make sure there are no allergies to the bovine collagen component.
- Belotero® is a thinner dermal filler composed of hyaluronic acid that is best for fine lines and wrinkles.
- Natural Fat Transfer and Injections
- With this natural fat grafting technique, unwanted fat is harvested from another area of the body using liposuction methods. The fat is then purified and injected throughout the face to smooth out lines and wrinkles, and restore lost facial volume. The benefits of using your own fat grafts with stem cells include stimulation of collagen production as well as permanent longevity of the fat that ‘takes’.
If you are considering a dermal filler or injectable treatment at Newport Plastic Surgery, contact us today to schedule your consultation. Our practice is led by Dr. Go, a highly renowned plastic surgeon in Irvine, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and the neighboring areas of California.