With reconstructive surgery at Newport Plastic Surgery, patients can enhance their quality of life and restore a sense of normalcy. We are proud to offer reconstructive surgeries under Dr. Go’s expertise as one of the premier plastic and hand surgeons in Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Newport Beach, and the nearby areas of California.
What is Reconstructive Surgery?
Reconstructive surgery is a subspecialty of plastic surgery that is designed to restore function to the body while also correcting any cosmetic damage. These techniques can be beneficial in many situations, including the treatment of congenital defects, developmental abnormalities, disease, infection, trauma, and tumors. Reconstructive surgery can help in the healing and recovery process both in the physical and psychological sense, restoring a sense of normalcy to what is often a frightening situation. Dr. Go is triple board-certified in plastic & reconstructive surgery, general surgery, and hand surgery, and has thousands of restorative procedures to his credit.
What Reconstructive Surgery Procedures Are Available?
Dr. Go specializes in the following reconstructive procedures:
- Breast Reconstruction
- A breast reconstruction can help restore the shape and wholeness of the breasts after a patient has undergone mastectomy or similar procedures due to breast cancer treatment.
- Facial Trauma Reconstruction
- If you have suffered from a severe trauma with facial fractures or other injuries, maxillofacial reconstruction can help restore the normal facial anatomy and functional features back to their original state.
- Hand Surgery
- Hand trauma, bony fractures, tendon injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, hand lesions, and other common medical conditions may all necessitate hand surgery and reconstruction at some point. Hand repair and reconstruction can help treat various hand ailments and restore function to the hands while improving their appearance.
- Skin Cancer Reconstruction
- Skin cancer excision and reconstruction is another area of expertise for Dr.Go. Various skin cancers, such as basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or melanomas, can be removed, and specialized reconstruction of the resulting skin defect can minimize the scarring and cosmetic impact that skin cancer treatment has on the skin appearance. Skin reconstruction can also be performed after excision by other referring physicians, including dermatologists, otolaryngologists, and Moh’s physicians.
Dr. Go is completely sympathetic to the often sensitive and delicate nature of patients who seek reconstructive procedures. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discover how we can help you heal. Our practice is led by Dr. Go, an elite plastic, reconstructive, and hand surgery physician in Irvine, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, and the neighboring areas of California.