Perhaps you’ve had several children or you’ve lost a significant amount of weight, or possibly your genetic makeup has given you a poochy lower abdomen, saggy skin in your derriere, hips, and thighs. If so, you may wish to consider a Lower Body Lift procedure. A lower body lift tightens loose, sagging skin in the buttocks, hips and thighs. A lower body lift can help you achieve a more toned appearance, helping you to look better, feel better, and feel more confident.
Am I Candidate for a Lower Body Lift?
Patients who benefit from lower body lift surgery have:
- Loose skin in their buttocks and back of their thighs
- Loose skin in their hips and side of their thighs
- Loose skin in the front of their thighs
- Loose abdominal skin or in their inner thighs
- Relatively thin layers of fat below the skin of these areas
- Acceptance of the thin scars around the waist
- Patients who have had massive weight loss
Following surgery, you may remain in the hospital for several days. Any swelling, which is common, is controlled by compression garments and the use of drains to evacuate excess fluid. Full healing of the may take four weeks or even longer.
Dr. Goshtasby will be happy to consult with you personally to help you determine if a Lower Body Lift procedure will produce the optimal results for your situation.